Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What time is it?! Okay, forget it


Dear Marly,

In response to your post, I feel ya, girl! Also about the way of thinking 'Wikipedia-style': your mind discovers all these super interesting and undiscoverd sideways, and before you know it, you've been spending all your time on useless thoughts. That is, if thoughts are useless. I don't really think they are, no matter how trivial. All thoughts can be interesting, and are always more intersting than maths homework (math sucks). Maybe I'm busy writing songs and poetry because it in itself is a form of procrastinating. I can easily play the piano all day, while working on a school assignment that long seems like TORTURE. That being said, I'm not all productive and creative. Internet offers a perfect escape from everyday troubles, and endlessly renewing my facebook page has become one of my favourite passtimes.
The last couple of days I probably could've done a great amount of work, but I didn't. All due to my latest addiction, and it struck me hard and merciless this time. It's...
Adventure Time! Yeah, I've become immersed in the adventures of Jake the Dog and Finn the Human and the daily business of the Candy Kingdom. I know it sounds kind of goofy, and... well, it is. But it's also a lot of fun. And I know I'm not the only one who's spend the weekend doing nothing useful. I've checked with my friends and none of them had done anything school-related. But I guess we need that sometimes.
And just look at all the awesome stuff you've done so far! You're studying the subjects you love, while there are so many people who haven't even figured out yet what they want to do. After the holidays, you'll go to Japan! That's amazing, right? And in the end, we'll turn out fine, I'm sure of it.
By the way, I have been working on some songs, and I'm quite proud of it. I'll post some tracks in the near future, okay? Now let's chase some adventures!

Lots of love, Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment