Saturday, August 24, 2013

Limitless

Hi Marly!

It's been a long time since any of us has written a post, so I thought I should give it a try again. I wanted to talk about something that's kept us both busy for quite some time (and to which you introduced me actually), namely: web series. There are so many cool ones out there, each one with its own aims and aspirations. Because they exist through sponsoring (for a great part at least), they have a much greater creational freedom than series on TV, and can reach a big audience. I decided to make a list with my favorites, in no particular order:

1. Squaresville



It's quirky, it's experimental, yet it tells the story of two average teenage girls. It follows Zelda and Esther as they try to escape their suburbian town ('Squaresville'), mainly through lots of daydreaming. I love it so much because the characters are so real, so imperfect and recognisable.

2. Space Janitors



This is so awesome, so goofy, so AWESOME! I'm not a science fiction fan (although I make a HUGE exception for Doctor Who), but this just plays with all the genre cliche's and is totally hilarious. Also, the special effects (low budget!) are amazing.

3. The autobiography of Jane Eyre


Okay, it all started out with the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, which was pretty awesome too. But I think I like this little gem even better. Jane (played by the amazing Alysson Hall) is very lovable and most of all, very convincing. It's less polished and a bit more experimental than LBD, and sometimes downright scary. Very, very nice.

I hope more people discover these great series, because they really deserve it!

Love, Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment